Posted by : Kapil Tuesday, February 4, 2014
Plan Outlay (expenditure) for Education in the 12th - 5 year plan by Government of India
- Overall outlay increased to Rs 4,537 billion
- The outlay is up 66% over original outlay of Rs 2,733 billion made in the 11th Plan
- As per estimates by Planning Commission, public expenditure (centre + states) on Education during the Eleventh Plan was Rs 12,447 billion.
- Of this 43% was on Elementary Education, 25% on secondary education and balance 32% on Higher Education
- Per Capital Expenditure increased to Rs 2958 in 2011-12 (vs Rs 888 in 2004-05)